Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lego Cufflinks


Okay. How great are these?
Pretty Great, right?
Lego Cufflinks!
They may be, quite literally, the quickest, easiest, most satisfying craft/gift I've ever made.


I'd seen these handmade cufflinks floating around etsy and the like for a while but kept putting off purchasing any, because in the back of my head I kept thinking..."but I could make those!!!"


And, a week or so before Christmas I broke down and ordered a set of cufflink bases.
I just ordered basic silver cufflink bases from this site. They have such reasonable prices on all their findings and notions. I should have known better than to try and order in the week preceding a major holiday... but they finally arrived and with just a drop of craft glue and a handful of Lego bricks swiped from my son's collection... Viola! Lego Cufflinks!



I'm especially pleased with with this final set. I wish I'd thought to use the skinnier bricks on all the cufflinks. It allows for stacking...and greater coordination with whatever shirt/tie might be work with the cufflinks. Although really these were gifted more because I had fun making them and less because I think they'll actually be worn anywhere...but for less than the price of a tank of gas? You can have about 20 sets of these babies... They'd be perfect for groomsmen gifts, birthdays, Christmas, etc. Anytime you just need a little token gift that looks like you spent a lot of time on it!




And any time I can get away with something that
looks like I worked really hard on it? I'm in.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! My husband is WAY into Lego and while "I" think he would adore these, "he" would be mortified that he could no longer use them for building. Ha! Men ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was slightly afraid Mr. Handsome would think they were silly? But he kind of loved them. Plus? you can build ONTO them. Best of both worlds!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...