Current mood: bored
friday, august 31, 2007
I could be mad about being tagged, but instead I will be thankful for something to do for a few minutes. Fridays at work are BORING!
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (If you're a non-blogger, you can email/bulletin them!)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Now for eight random facts/habits about myself:
1. I'm afraid of the dark. No joke. After all the kiddos are in bed and i'm locking up and shutting down for the night I take the stairs two and three at a time, throwing the odd glance behind me to be sure mama vorhees isn't hovering just outisde my peripheral vision waiting to pounce.
2. i am addicted to my morning coffee. i make at least a pot a day and have started getting serious caffeine deprivation headaches on the odd saturday that i get up and moving too quickly without first downing a mug or two.
3. i am the most fertile person i know (with the exception of rob maybe?). All three of my kids were birth control babies. Multiple Forms of Birth Control. My kids better all grow up to be geniuses and/or Nobel Peace Prize Laureates or something of that nature.
4. i am the most chaotically organized person i know. Sounds fake doesn't it? but it's true. My entire house can be littered in toys, clothes and yesterday's sippy cup lids, but I could tell you where my spare car keys were without batting an eye (the interior zipper pocket or my brown purse. The dark brown drawstring, not the little tan handbag. It's hanging on the left-most hook on the coat tree in the front room). It absolutely flummoxes some people, but I've learned to thrive in the carnage of everyday kid-dom.
5. i turn down foods based on texture, not taste. I can't think of a single food that i dislike the taste of (although I haven't quite the palate of Andrew Zimmern). But gummy bears, lima beans, brussel sprouts, raw marshmallows all make the anti-list. Oddly enough...flan is okay in my book...must be more jello-like than marshmallow-like.
6. i check out the personals ads at www.lrb.co.uk in my spare time. London Review of Books has BY FAR the most entertaining classified personals of anyone, anywhere. Go ahead, check it out...i'll wait
7. i HATE wearing makeup. it takes too much time in the morning and i'd much rather sleep an extra five minutes, or sneak in an extra sun salutation or two than worry about applying foundation and mascara and five kinds of crap in ten different colors.
8. i adore the internet. For a gal who was always just the other side of smart with a bit of a self-conscious streak growing up, I read too much (sacrelig. to say it?) wrote obsessively and literally had to force myself to be social instead of holing up with a book or a sketchpad. the Internet satisfies my general thirst for random bits of knowledge and often allows me to hide behind my computer screen when pouring my heart out in a blog.
(don't let me down guys)
By The Fratellis