Monday, November 14, 2011

Mug Rug.

So I finally made one of those darn Mug Rugs all of blogland has been in a dither about lately.



And I've got to admit, it's pretty darn cute.



Apparently blogland knows what it's talking about.  Little Bitties are always cuter somehow; and the smaller size allowed me to play around with a bit of handstitching/quilting.


Of course, that was an abysmal failure. Luckily the sewing machine is fully operational once more, so I breezed through construction of this little...well...basically it's just a small placemat honestly. It's batted & backed like a traditional quilt, so it's built to withstand the hotter-than-the-surface-of-
the-sun temperature of my coffee, and leaves just enough room for a few cookies or a donut...or three... Just sayin'. Sometimes a girl needs a donut or three.




I had the first one of these cranked out in under an hour, and that includes time taken out to full a glass of juice, pour three bowls of cereal, locate Ben Ten's Plumber Helmet and dress FatBaby in her pink pajama onesie.


I'm thinking a couple more of these babies will be great practice for, and perhaps more accurately distraction from, unfortunately, Baby M's quilt.
This quilting thing can be addictive. 
Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic article just about college! Without any doubts all of us meet any problems with thesis . It is specially problematic when you have another privilege in life. I have had the aforementioned troubles until I have observe a company providing experienced writing services.septic tank roswell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...