Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Culture of Gratitude. Day 6.

Today is November 6th.
Today marks 19 days until Thanksgiving.

Today, I am thankful for these ladies right here:


It's awfully easy to get wrapped up in your own day-to-day and forget that there are other people out there doing the exact same thing.




I do not exaggerate when I say that more of my friends than I can shake a stick at have had new babies in the past year. And I'm not even really sure what that means other than there are a LOT of babies going around.




And sometimes, the best cure for feeling overwhelmed in your own skin, is to get out and connect with the other ladies going through exactly what you're living. Every day.


Life can, simply put, be more than we can handle sometimes.
And it's easier when we can commiserate with each other. When we can confirm that, yes, our kid was up four times last night too. When we can lie, smilingly to each other and say that no one's sleep-deprived, under-eye bags are noticeable. When we can one-up each other with poopsplosion stories until we're all laughing maniacally.



Thank you ladies.
Thank you for letting me hold all your babies.
Thank you for reminding me that no one gets a good night's rest any more.
Thank you for letting your kids help my kids get so worn out they passed right out on the car ride home.
Thank you for being there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...