Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Don't ask me why I'm tired...


I can't imagine why I'm so tired these days...


It's not like we wake up the moment the sun crests the horizon...

It's not like we're on the go 24/7...


I cannot even imagine my life without The Munchkins anymore. What did I do before them? I must have slept in...I vaguely remember that. But no memory from my prior life is so crystalline as that of the past Saturday. And Saturday wasn't even all that earth-shattering. We all five hit the IMAX with popcorn & drinks (thank you Groupon!).They're laughter echoed off the ways of the nearly-empty theater, and it was contagious. Then we played on the canal for a while, because it was one of those rare late summer days that actually contained a breeze. So much of a  breeze, in fact, that it was blowing droplets of canal water in all directions.


The Biz thought it smelled vaguely fishy... the canal water that is.
We played duck-duck-goose in the dry, summer grass at White River, and wandered slowly around the State Museum, touching all the County Sculptures, climbing on the rough-hewn limestone benches.


There's just something about Downtown Indy that makes me smile softly, seeing the brood cavorting out in front of the skyline. It's home. It's where we are raising our family, fractured though it may be. It's a big city with a small town sensibility, and I love it for that.


I feel comfortable letting my kids wander about the park, running that awkward no-longer-a-toddler canter that reminds me of nature filmstrips in 2nd grade science of baby colts.


They're such good sports about letting us capture them on film.


Well...most days they're good sports about it...

 
I suppose it must get old for them...


Okay, I think we can safely say it got old for them...


But they are only stuck in this hiatus of not-yet-grown for so long.
This age where they still want to snuggle when they're not rebelling; where they want to smile for photos; where they want to play with me instead of their friends. I feel this urge to capture some of it on film. So years from now, when they're all running in three different directions to three different sports or clubs or (godforbid) dates, I can pull out the photos and remember...





okay...well...let's not remember this... hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...