Thursday, August 4, 2011

As Summer draws to a close...

Mr. Man has mastered the big boy bike this summer.


...mostly.


 Isabelle has aged decades. She's so incredibly independent these days...


...she's become comfortable with who she is in this world, despite all the insecurities being the oldest brings to bear.


And the Monkey...

...oh the Monkey...


There just aren't words for that one. She's brave and defiant and awesome.


Also? She lounges. Like. A. Boss.


As ready as I am for The Munchkins to venture back into school yard territory (for want of some structure and schedule back into my life) I'll miss these long, lazy summer weekends. I'll miss the play time; and the mid-day snack time; and the cool, afternoon, movie-watching darkness of the living room after we've spent a day at the pool. I'll miss letting them stay up past the twilight hours to catch lightning bugs or play ball in the alleyway with their friends. They really do grow up faster each year. I wish someone would get them to slow down. Just for me. Just for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...