Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Great Toilet Paper Roll Challenge


Happy Tuesday, Gang!


 


 Okay. So.Remember This?

The Southern Institute

Well, I'd started on a little something, and then I got the plague last week and all my projects got sidelined for a week. An Entire Week! Gah! I'm so behind on baby gifts and Mothers Day gifts and the three dolls that The Monkey has requested out of Wee Wonderfuls that I don't even know where to start!

Luckily, these little guys only took about 15 minutes of actual effort.
Once I shook the plague.


To Do:
Take a handful of leftover toilet paper rolls...


snip off the tops and make a few angled cuts so you've got an approximate crown shape...

Grab a few wrapping paper scraps from I-can't-throw-anything-away bin, and wrap the tube.
Make cuts from the top, down in between the crests of each crown point. 


Fold the edges of the wrapping paper down over each point, like wrapping a gift, and secure with a little scotch tape. And voila! Mini crowns for your baby doll's next tea party!


The Monkey's big into "playing kitchen" and having tea parties. Good lord, I have a kid that has tea parties. I never thought I'd see the day.


In a pinch, they even fit The Monkey!




Hopefully I'll have more finished projects to post in the next few days, after I've played catch up with all the laundry and housecleaning and school work, oh my!









1 comment:

  1. When life gives you empty toilet paper rolls, make a monkey puppet out of the cardboard roll and play with the kids.hi very nice blog and very nice information and so cool.

    toilet paper roll

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...