Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal Wedding Fever...

I did not catch the fever.

I did not picture myself covered head-to-toe in white taffeta and lace all day Friday.

I did not wake up at 4am EST just to watch the proceedings live on television.

I did, however, gaze longingly at photos of all the Royal headgear going on ... and the fancy schmancy dresses ... and the poise & elegance that poured off the women in attendance.

may also have scooped up 120 yards of white tulle at Hobby Lobby for a buck fifty...

I may also have splurged on some "authentic" teatime biscuits and treats from the International Foods aisle of my local grocery store...

I may also have picked up two huge bouquets of faux white roses at 75% off... and some hair doodads for the girls...and a cheapie little black silk bowtie for Mr. Man...

And Steph may have DVR'd the Royal Wedding...

And we maybe...just maybe...might have had ourselves a Royal Wedding Viewing Party fit for a queen...or at least a few princesses...and one zombie prince!







A quick How-To on the headbands:
I am constantly both surprised & pleased at the amount of crafts I end up cobbling together at the last minute with a bit of fabric & my hot glue gun.

The girls & I just sat down with a handful of $1 Store headbands & a giant roll of White Tulle and glued & pleated our way into some veils. I wrapped the base with some additional tulle to finish each on off.

And then, because giant protrusions from said head ornaments seem to be all the rage, we simply knotted & balled up some additional tulle and fastened it to the headband with a hair clip. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...