Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Formal Onsies

What I've been working on lately...



How hilarious are these?
Little Mister soon-to-be Landon is going to the best-dressed babe on the block.
Easiest. Applique. Ever.
I forgot, for some godforsaken reason, that straight lines and sharp curves are ridiculously easy to applique on. Which is a good thing, because I was totally out of Wonder Under and had to just sort of pin & eyeball these babies.



I went ahead and hemmed under the edges of each 'tie' before using a tight zig-zag to affix them to the onsies. It made for a nice, clean edge, which I prefer, even though you're basically covering it up completely with the zig-zag stitch.


That blue swirl just put me right in mind of a tie... it made me giggle every time.


And brown swirls...for the business casual baby?
I figured you just can't ever have too many onsies.
Considering you go through at LEAST three - four clothing changes a day in those early weeks, when you're just discovering the length-of-life of a normal diaper and overflow potential for said diaper.


This past weekend's baby shower puts me firmly three-for-three in the handmade gift column.
I feel like I'm finally being productive with my sewing, instead of just sort of screwing around with my machine on the weekends. Bigger and better, folks! Bigger. And. Better.



More to come!
I've been a busy little bee lately...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...