Monday, February 6, 2012

Naptown to Super City... Super Bowl XLVI

I could not BE more proud of my city today.


photo credit: my mom. Thanks, Mom! I totally stole this...
 um...and this...
 


Over the past week I have fallen even more in love with Indianapolis.
And I didn't even think that was possible.





Apparently, hosting a Super Bowl brings out the best in us all.



I volunteered Wednesday through Friday down in Super Bowl Village.
And not only did Volunteering come with its own set of swag, but it also came complete with a renewed sense of civic commitment and pride and dedication to my community at large. Every which way I turned people were smiling, laughing, thanking volunteers... Locals were running around like tourists... Visitors were complimenting locals... it was just this heady combination of a buoyancy of spirit petering off into complete and utter exhaustion (and sore smile muscles) every single day.




But I'm so glad I did it. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.





*photo caveat*
Some of my favorite photos from the past week are currently STUCK on my phone's camera. Which is not cooperating in the technical sense of the word. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the good people of Sprint will be able to retrieve my things from the date black hole in which they've disappeared...pleaseohpleaseohpleaseihope...



In the mean time...enjoy this random photo of Dan & I...being ridiculous last Wednesday night after my first volunteer shift ended. It was a good time. We'll just leave it at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...