Ice Cube Tray Sushi
7 oz. sashimi-grade salmon, cut into ¼-inch cubes (cooked shrimp or vegetables work well, too)
3 scallions, chopped
3 tbsp. cucumber, finely chopped
3 tbsp. (approximately 5) grape tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. orange juice
2½ tbsp. mayonnaise
¼ tsp. sesame oil
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 c. cooked rice (preferably from a Japanese or Chinese restaurant)
1. Combine all ingredients except the rice in a bowl.
2. To make the sushi-rice blocks, use an ice cube tray as a mold. Prepare the mold by sprinkling it lightly with water.
3. Press the rice into the tray squares; use your finger to push a hole three-quarters of the way into each square.
4. Turn the mold upside down onto waxed paper and tap until the squares fall out.
5. Fill each hole with 2 tsp. of the salmon, shrimp, or vegetable mixture and serve.
*I think I need this book!
Time for Dinner