Monday, December 27, 2010

Optimal Conditions

Most people fail due to an undecided heart.
Should I? Shouldn't I? Go back? Go forward?
 
When confronted with a challenge the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart just searches for an escape. A committed heart does not wait for conditions to be exactly right. Why? Because conditions are never
exactly right.
 
You know, it's funny. In the past I created relationships and friendships based on potential. I saw something, some kernel of possibility in what that person could be. And, ultimately, was always disappointed that what I glimpsed never really became reality.
 
And now that I've stopped doing that, stopped basing relationships and such on a possibility, of happiness, of success, of whatever; but rather on the presence of goodness in others? I'm never disappointed. Life, I suppose, is simpler when you deal with what's there instead of with what you desperately want to be there.
 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...