Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Inspiration Board

Somedays I'm ready to toss it all and remodel from the ground up.
Most of the time, though, I'm content to snip out pages from magazines and bookmark blogs as decoration inspiration for that vague time in the future when I may or may not actually own the four walls that contain all my stuff...



How great is this wall? I love the organized chaos.
Everything all hodge-podge together, the nice clean white of the table and couch calming the overall effect.



And this, I have about a million photos of the kids and scraps of their artwork I'd love to frame. I'd cover an entire wall, just for that silent 'oh' of wonder the first time someone new walked into the room and saw an entire wall covered in great photos and funky mismatched frames...


And how fantastic is this bedroom? I fantasize at least once a week about walls covered in chalkboard paint. The simplicity of this calms me. My house, however, will NEVER be this clean.



Nor, sadly, will my closets ever be this organized.
I can dream though. And in my dreams I have an entire room devoted to an office/craft den. And it has lovely painted closets full of perfect little IKEA baskets of supplies and pristinely washed, ironed, folded and hung bits of material just waiting to be used. It also, incidentally, has a monstrosity of a butcher block table smack dab in the middle of the room. One that's ancient and shows it, with strident hash marks crisscrossing it and worn corners softened by age and kids hands running round it. In case you were wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...