Wednesday, August 12, 2009

They Grow Up So Fast these days...

You know that lump you get in the back of your throat when you're trying desperately not to cry? The one that accompanies the tears threatening to spill over as you walk away?
Yeah. I got that today...

All week Isabelle's been telling me she's "nervous, but realllly excited". And after last nights' Back To School Nite she was just "Reallllly Realllly excited, Mom. Not nervous at all. Not anymore". Until this morning. Rob and I walked her in, one of her tiny little paws in each of ours, and I couldn't let go. She looked up at us and she had tears in the corners of her eyes and her nose started turning suspiciously red (it happens. we get rudolph nose in my family when we cry. it's not pretty) and I nearly lost it. But after about 2 minutes she squared her shoulders, hung her new princess backpack up on a peg and took a step forward. She's braver than her Momma; I was rooted to the floor.

Check out the classic First-Day-of-School pose (above) I'm pretty sure your can chronicle my (and my siblings') life by 12+ years of pictures just like this. I had to do it


And next year? Next year Baz will be doing this to. ohgodimnotready...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...